Friday 8 January 2010

Twenty-Ten

It's been 2010 for a week, but have you decided how to say it yet?



Are you a two-thousand-and-ten fan?

Or do you prefer twenty-ten?



It seems that twenty-ten is currently winning by a nose.

I don't mind twenty-ten, but I think we may regret adopting it without considering the alternatives too quickly. Twenty-ten sounds fine, but twenty-eleven sounds ridiculous. I'm for futureproofing. It's an investment.



There has also been discussion of what to call the decade. After 2000 to 2009 ended up with a less than deferent moniker like The Noughties, all bets were off. Suggested alternatives include The Teens, The Tens, The Tenties, The Tensies and The Teenies.

I think I'd prefer the Tweenies. It keeps things in perspective.

4 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Hi, I'm visiting from the Birthday Blog.

I'm a twenty ten person but I reserve the right to refer to 2011 as two thousand and eleven.

I used to work with a boss who's catchphrase was "there's no merit in consistency" and it seems to have rubbed off.

One of Them said...

Thanks for coming. Wipe your feet.

It's official, this year is now going to be known as Y2K.01

Get used to it.

fairyhedgehog said...

Great! I'll bear that in mind: Y2K.01. It's bound to catch on.

One of Them said...

It's the stepping stone between the gregorian calendar and captain's log stardates.

The future is here. Almost.